C++ guys hate static_if?

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Thu Mar 14 13:44:11 PDT 2013

On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 12:37:00AM +0400, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
> 15-Mar-2013 00:27, Walter Bright пишет:
[...]
> >For the following program:
> >---------test.d-------------
> >import core.stdc.stdio;
> >public import std.whatever;
> >
> >int main()
> >{
> >     printf("Success!\n");
> >     return 0;
> >}
> >----------------------------
> >
> >Try compiling:
> >
> >     dmd -cov test.d std\whatever -unittest
> >
> >and examine std-whatever.lst.
> >
> >We can do a lot, lot better before we need something better than
> >-cov.
> >

> Point taken. That doesn't detract us from:
> a) fixing issues with -cov
>
> It counts time a LOC is executed. Would nice to add instantations
> counter (determined at compile time) as well so as to see if
> declarations are all covered. That  + CTFE-only counted as 0.
>
> b) unifying template fuzzy testing in Phobos
>
> We have lots of these wheels reinvented across Phobos alone.
>
> c) prototyping other higher-level tools to aid debugging generic code
[...]

d) factor out useful test data/objects (e.g. ranges of particular types,
with particular sets of data, etc.) into a common place so that they can
be reused across unittests.

"Maybe" is a strange word.  When mom or dad says it it means "yes", but when my big brothers say it it means "no"! -- PJ jr.