C++ guys hate static_if?

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Thu Mar 14 14:54:52 PDT 2013

> The main problem is not people who don't unit test their templates but the
> fact that it's pretty much impossible to cover every possible instantiation of
> a template, and so it can be pretty easy to miss stuff.

Concepts don't do that either. I do agree we could and should do a
better job at testing templates against bare minimum structures that
pass their constraints (e.g. test input range algorithms with true input
range, which are indeed one-pass). Again, concepts won't help there
either - it's not like we claim to support input ranges and then call
.save against them. That's not a frequent bug.

Andrei