C++ guys hate static_if?

Dmitry Olshansky dmitry.olsh at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 23:36:54 PDT 2013

15-Mar-2013 01:58, Andrei Alexandrescu пишет:
> On 3/14/13 4:37 PM, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
>> Point taken. That doesn't detract us from:
>> a) fixing issues with -cov
>
> Yes please (are there bugzilla entries etc)?

template powerup(T) //usable as template mixin too
{
	//imagine more constraints
	static if(size_t.sizeof == 4)
		alias bleh = blah;
	else
		alias bleh = oldBlah;
	//...
}

Now first mixin template don't get counted at all (even code within).
Then declarations are ignored and you'll never know which ones were ever
looked at.

>> It counts time a LOC is executed. Would nice to add instantations
>> counter (determined at compile time) as well so as to see if
>> declarations are all covered. That + CTFE-only counted as 0.
>
> Not getting this. Example?

See above.

>> b) unifying template fuzzy testing in Phobos
>>
>> We have lots of these wheels reinvented across Phobos alone.
>
> Like those dummy ranges in std.algorithm?

Yes. We might as well provide a good hardy set of these as
std.testing.mockup or smth like that.

>> c) prototyping other higher-level tools to aid debugging generic code
>
> Yeppers!

It seems like a good application for DSL + CTFE. Even if CTFE is too
inefficient ATM for large tests a standalone tool could be prototyped
with exactly same D code.

Now that I'm saying it I'll probably prototype one just for fun :)

--
Dmitry Olshansky