Raising the bar on Phobos unittest coverage

Martin Nowak code at dawg.eu
Mon Mar 18 15:44:15 PDT 2013

>>> Can someone look into std.file's unittests. They use 60% (32s/50s) of

>>Code that is statically compiled out is not counted as executable code by
>>the coverage analyzer.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, but I really meant runtime as in time.
It's great that we're striving for more unittest coverage but we should
keep an eye on the time it takes to run them.
So I ran the executables with /bin/time and std.file accounts for 60% of
the total runtime (not including compilation). Even though file IO is
notoriously slow this seems excessive.

https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/pull/653