Can we get rid of non-raw write?

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Wed Mar 20 14:08:59 PDT 2013

On Wed, 20 Mar 2013 21:13:54 +0100
"Chris Cain" <clcain at uncg.edu> wrote:

> On Wednesday, 20 March 2013 at 14:34:21 UTC, Nick Sabalausky
> wrote:
> > Can we please get rid of this "text-mode output"? Or at least
> > eliminate
> > it as the default?
>
> +1. I've had to work around this issue several times by doing
> strange things like stripping the line ending and putting a \n at
> the end. I figured it was something I was just missing but seeing
> someone else mention the problem makes me think this is erroneous
> behavior. Is this in bugzilla?

There *is* "stdout.rawWrite(...)" (ya gotta include the "stdout." part),
but unfortunately it doesn't come in "*ln", "*f" or "*fln" varieties.
And it should be the default.

I doubt there's a bugzilla entry for this since it is, unfortunately,
the intended behavior. I didn't want to go posting a 'zilla issue for
it before discussing here because I figured that might just end up
"INVALID" or "WONTFIX".