Proposal for Deimos documentation

Craig Dillabaugh cdillaba at cg.scs.carleton.ca
Thu Mar 21 07:10:54 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, 20 March 2013 at 22:04:50 UTC, Jens Mueller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wrote some guidelines for writing a Deimos interface. It's
> still very
> rough but it's a start. I'd like to add it to dlang.org to give
> contributors better guidance, ultimately hoping to see more
> contributions to Deimos.
> Besides comments to improve my poor phrasing I'd especially
> seek to get
> a complete list of recommendations to follow. Please comment.
>
> http://jkm.github.com/phobos/deimos.html
>
> Jens

  From the first paragraph of the linked documentation:

"Its aim is to integrate already available C libraries. Since D
is binary compatible with C ABI code a plentiful of libraries is
potentially available in D. ".

I would recommend something along the lines of:

"Its aim is to integrate existing C libraries. Since D is binary
compatible with C ABI code, this makes a wealth of existing
functionality available in D with limited effort."

I tried to use the "Improve this page" link to make this
suggestion, but GitHub gave me a "Page Not Found" error.

Craig