D with experimental features like tuple unpacking

Rob T alanb at ucora.com
Thu Mar 21 16:48:01 PDT 2013

I would like to see tuple syntax and abilities improved. It's
been a while since I last tried to use them so I'm not prepared
to explain in detail what I'd like to see for improvements,
however I can say that when I did try to use them I remember they
were much more unwieldy to use and more limited that I thought
was necessary.

I tried to use them for named parameters and for a function that
could return multiple results, both without resorting to structs,
but those attempts failed.

I basically wrote tuples off as too complicated and awkward to
bother with and have not attempted to use them since, but that is
unfortunate.

--rt