GSoC 2013: CfM (Call for Mentors)

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Sun Mar 24 08:52:45 PDT 2013

Hello,

Google Summer of code 2013 is accepting applications. Just like in the
past years, we need a few mentors to ensure a successful event.

This year we plan to get significantly better organized and make sure
the event is successful in measurable ways (finalized projects or
committed contributions to dmd/druntime/phobos etc). We have made a
mistake in the past of approving the GC project by Antti-Ville Tuuainen
who subsequently became unreachable to follow through with merging his
project in the mainline. We don't want to repeat such mistakes in the
future, which means a closer, stronger mentor/mentee relationship.

So please reply to this or email Walter and myself if you have the time
and inclination to mentor a student this summer. For a detailed mentor's
manual, peruse http://en.flossmanuals.net/GSoCMentoring/.

Thanks,

Andrei