GSoC 2013: CfM (Call for Mentors)

Adam Wilson flyboynw at gmail.com
Sun Mar 24 13:36:47 PDT 2013

On Sun, 24 Mar 2013 08:52:45 -0700, Andrei Alexandrescu

> Hello,
>

> Google Summer of code 2013 is accepting applications. Just like in the
> past years, we need a few mentors to ensure a successful event.
>
> This year we plan to get significantly better organized and make sure
> the event is successful in measurable ways (finalized projects or
> committed contributions to dmd/druntime/phobos etc). We have made a
> mistake in the past of approving the GC project by Antti-Ville Tuuainen
> who subsequently became unreachable to follow through with merging his
> project in the mainline. We don't want to repeat such mistakes in the
> future, which means a closer, stronger mentor/mentee relationship.
>
> So please reply to this or email Walter and myself if you have the time
> and inclination to mentor a student this summer. For a detailed mentor's
> manual, peruse http://en.flossmanuals.net/GSoCMentoring/.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Andrei

Count me in! I really enjoyed last years edition and I'd definitely be up
for doing it again this year. Although I would be willing to work with
anybody that has a good idea, I think Mr. Bothe has an interesting idea
for this years work. Compiling D to CIL would be a huge boon to Mono-D as
it would make real-time CTFE evaluation a reality. Or at least get us on
the right path. We'll have to hammer out what can actually be done in
three months.

--
Adam Wilson
IRC: LightBender