Request for review - std.serialization (orange)

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Sun Mar 24 14:03:59 PDT 2013

std.serialization (orange) is now ready to be reviewed.

A couple of notes for the review:

* The most important packages are: orange.serialization and
orange.serialization.archives

* The unit tests are located in its own package, I'm not very happy
about putting the unit tests in the same module as the rest of the code,
i.e. the serialization module. What are the options? These test are
quite high level. They test the whole Serializer class and not
individual functions.

* I'm using some utility functions located in the "util" and "core"
packages, what should we do about those, where to put them?

* Trailing whitespace and tabs will be fixed when/if the package gets
accepted

* If this get accepted should I do a sub-tree merge (or what it's
called) to keep the history intact?

Changes since last time:

* I've removed any Tango and D1 related code
* I've removed all unused functions (hopefully)

For usage examples, see the github wiki pages:
https://github.com/jacob-carlborg/orange/wiki/_pages

For more extended usage examples, see the unit tests:
https://github.com/jacob-carlborg/orange/tree/master/tests

Sources: https://github.com/jacob-carlborg/orange
Documentation: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/18386187/orange_docs/Serializer.html
Run unit tests: execute the unittest.sh shell script

(Don't forget clicking the "Package" tab in the top corner to see the
documentation for the rest of the modules)

--
/Jacob Carlborg