Different versions of same library with Deimos

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Mon Mar 25 05:59:57 PDT 2013

On Mon, 25 Mar 2013 13:50:37 +0100
Jens Mueller <jens.k.mueller at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> how is Deimos supposed to address different versions of a library?
> In the case at hand, I have a Deimos repository for LLVM 3.1. Now I
> want to add support for version 3.2. Should I create a different
> branch or just a tag?
>
> BTW I updated my documentation for creating Deimos repositories.
> http://jkm.github.com/d-programming-language.org/deimos.html
>
> Jens

I've been meaning to bring up that question, too. It would make sense
that each version of the target library would have its own branch in
its Deimos repo, because that way you can update it if any problems are
discovered. Tags would be a bad idea because of that. But the problem
is, there doesn't seem to be a way to do a "pull branch" request.