Different versions of same library with Deimos

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Mon Mar 25 17:29:51 PDT 2013

On Monday, March 25, 2013 16:49:22 Walter Bright wrote:
> On 3/25/2013 4:36 PM, David Nadlinger wrote:
> >>
> >> I think a branch for older versions would work best. "master" would be
> >> for the newest version.
> >
> > Or just not have a "master" branch at all. You can select the default
> > branch in the GitHub repo admin settings.
>
> What's the point of that?

Well, since all the deimos stuff is is wrappers around released software, it
would make sense that its version numbers always match the released software,
in which case, master wouldn't really make sense unless it wrapped the
currently developed version of the C library, which I wouldn't expect it to be
doing in most cases.

- Jonathan M Davis