The new std.process is ready for review

Lars T. Kyllingstad public at kyllingen.net
Tue Mar 26 06:07:56 PDT 2013

On Monday, 25 March 2013 at 21:09:57 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2013-03-25 20:27, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
>
>> This is orthogonal to the replacement of process creation
>> functions, can
>> we add this as an enhancement later?  It definitely is useful,
>> but
>> std.process sucks right now.  I don't want to delay the
>> replacement of
>> existing functions with adding extra features.
>
> Created a pull request for it:
>
> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/pull/1224

If this gets added *before* the new std.process, we should at
least agree on a consistent naming convention.  The new
std.process has @property thisProcessID(), which replaces
getpid(), and which is somewhat consistent with
std.concurrency.thisTid.  I also think std.file.getcwd() is part
of this function family, and that it should be moved to
std.process (under a different name).

Personally, I dislike function names that start with "get".

Lars