The new std.process is ready for review

Lars T. Kyllingstad public at kyllingen.net
Tue Mar 26 07:36:03 PDT 2013

On Monday, 25 March 2013 at 19:27:31 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Mar 2013 15:17:14 -0400, Jacob Carlborg
> <doob at me.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2013-02-23 12:31, Lars T. Kyllingstad wrote:
>>> It's been years in the coming, but we finally got it done. :)
>>> The upshot
>>> is that the module has actually seen active use over those
>>> years, both
>>> by yours truly and others, so hopefully the worst wrinkles
>>> are already
>>> ironed out.
>>>
>>> Pull request:
>>> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/pull/1151
>>>
>>> Code:
>>> https://github.com/kyllingstad/phobos/blob/std-process2/std/process2.d
>>>
>>> Documentation:
>>> http://www.kyllingen.net/code/std-process2/phobos-prerelease/std_process2.html
>>
>> I would like a function for getting the current process path,
>> i.e. this:
>>
>> http://dsource.org/projects/tango/attachment/ticket/1536/process.d
>
> This is orthogonal to the replacement of process creation
> functions, can we add this as an enhancement later?  It
> definitely is useful, but std.process sucks right now.  I don't
> want to delay the replacement of existing functions with adding
> extra features.

Speaking of not delaying any more, could we get the "official"
review going, and perhaps make it rather brief?  After all, the
module has effectively been under review in this forum for
several weeks already...

Does anyone want to volunteer as review manager?

Lars