GSoC 2013 ideas page

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Tue Mar 26 20:24:19 PDT 2013

Andrei Alexandrescu:

> I just started http://wiki.dlang.org/GSOC_2013_Ideas. I'll add
> some tomorrow; we should have quite a few before the
> application deadline (March 29) in order to strengthen our
> application.
>
> Please chime in!

LDC is based on LLVM, so this suggests several small project
ideas, like porting some of the LLVM tools/features designed for
C/C++ to the D-LDC world. Things like:
- Perform more static analysis, like abstract compilation or
linting (Clang does both);
- Develop a simple way to compile D for the browser with
Emscripten to "asm.js" (this is a very small project);
- Perform other run-time tests as done by Clang;
- Use some of the D semantics to improve D code optimization
(Walter talks about this all the time);
- Implement better high level optimizations for D code that uses
array ops.

Bye,
bearophile