My thoughts & experiences with D so far, as a novice D coder

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Wed Mar 27 13:51:28 PDT 2013

On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 04:28:16PM -0400, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> On 3/27/13 3:18 PM, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> >Which is what Denis' multidimensional array implementation does. As does
> >my implementation as well.
> >
> >This seems to be quite a common use-case; we should put this into Phobos
> >IMO.
>
> Agree. Do you (or Denis) have something in reviewable form?

Here is Denis' implementation:

https://github.com/denis-sh/phobos-additions/blob/master/unstd/multidimensionalarray.d

As I didn't write the code, I can't say how review-ready it is.

My own implementation is somewhat incomplete at this time, so it's not
quite ready for review yet. It's missing some functionality that Denis'
implementation has (arbitrary index reordering, more complete
range-based access, opApply, etc.).

EMACS = Extremely Massive And Cumbersome System