My thoughts & tries with rvalue references

Namespace rswhite4 at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 30 03:32:33 PDT 2013

> Because & in C++ means "by ref".
> D has "ref" for that.
>
> So ref& doesn't make sense. One might think it as a double
> reference(?)

You are undermining my authority. :P
I choose ref& because it is a hybrid of the C++ ref style and D's
ref style.
That's what I said in my first post.
And C++ has const& for that kind of problem. In C++ it means that
it accept both, rvalues and lvalues, but in D not. So we
shouldn't be that fussy. ;)

Do you like '@ref' more? Or have you another idea?
I could imagine that '&A' (without ref) would work too, but I
think that the most of you will say "It's too cryptic. It's C++
style.".
I opened this thread in the first place to get at all other
opinions or ideas. And possibly that we might find a common
solution that I would try to implement.
So let's hear.