ARM targetting cross-toolchain with GDC

Johannes Pfau nospam at example.com
Thu May 2 07:54:43 PDT 2013

Am Tue, 30 Apr 2013 22:40:32 +0200
schrieb "Timofei Bolshakoc" <tbolsh at gmail.com>:

> I was able to compile DGC to the Hello, World status for ARM
> using crosstools-ng 1.18 eglibc. uclibc would not work, it lack
> some of the functions in the library, context switching. There
> are several places I cheat ( to get Hello, World! ). Please
> advise:
>
> ../gcc-4.7.2/libphobos/libdruntime/core/sys/posix/ucontext.d:274:
> Error: static assert  "Not implemented"

Add this to ucontext.d:
https://gist.github.com/jpf91/5502741

You probably also need this for core/sys/posix/sys/stat.d
https://gist.github.com/jpf91/5502725

> I simply commented static asserts - and I do not think it will
> fly with any real multi threading program. All the places
> consider context switching and assembly-level register
> manipulation. Can somebody help me with that?

The definition of ucontext_t should be enough. But this code is only
for fibers real threads don't need this support code and should work
fine without it. You probably also need the stat_t definition posted
above to do any kind of IO.