DConf 2013 last talk

Sergei Nosov sergei.nosov at gmail.com
Thu May 2 23:02:57 PDT 2013

On Thursday, 2 May 2013 at 23:59:48 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> I'll answer community questions in my last talk at DConf 2013,
> which is about 24 hours from now. Please send yours here or on
> Twitter #dconf.
>
> Andrei

What are the plans regarding "functional part" of the language?

1) It seems the standard library would benefit from implementing
functional alternatives to every statement (e.g. foreach, switch,
etc.). There are some more interesting functions (like "tap"
which was discussed on this NG not so long ago)

2) @pure functions - attribute inferring (feasible? good idea?
going to be implemented in some way?) and optimizations (is there
any good showcases right know? what's the potential? what's
planned?)