DConf 2013 last talk

Peter Alexander peter.alexander.au at gmail.com
Fri May 3 00:38:31 PDT 2013

On Thursday, 2 May 2013 at 23:59:48 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> I'll answer community questions in my last talk at DConf 2013,
> which is about 24 hours from now. Please send yours here or on
> Twitter #dconf.

1. How do you plan to solve the const postblit problem? i.e. the
problem that you cannot create a const copy of a struct since the
postblit constructor cannot be run on non-mutable objects. Is the
solution to introduce C++-style copy constructors?

2. What, in your opinion (and Walter's), are the top issues with
D that are hindering uptake?

3. What do you believe are D's biggest weaknesses that will
likely remain unresolved by design? (*real* weaknesses, not just
temporary shortcomings)