DConf 2013 last talk

thedeemon dlang at thedeemon.com
Fri May 3 19:57:19 PDT 2013

On Friday, 3 May 2013 at 17:12:18 UTC, sk wrote:
> Any plans or roadmap on including a GUI lib in phobos?

I don't think that will ever happen. GUIs are just too different
on different platforms and use cases, you'll never get the degree
of universality for including into stdlib.

> My journey using GUI libs is as follows:
>
> 1. Started using DWT lib (old one, when it was still supported)
> 2. DWT was abandoned, so I moved to DFL, tinkered with min-win
> etc
> 3. DFL is abondened now? ... moved to GTKD
> 4. GTKD is good, but API is hard to understand (atleast for me)
> 5. DWT is supported again, so move back to DWT
> 6. ???

For Windows apps I'm using DFL and quite happy with it. It's not
abandoned, just maintained by other people, not the original
author: https://github.com/Rayerd/dfl