Rvalue references - The resolution

w0rp devw0rp at gmail.com
Sat May 4 15:51:53 PDT 2013

> These checks would be omitted if the -noboundscheck compiler
> switch was provided.

This reminds me of Tony Hoare's lecture on null references being
a "billion dollar mistake." He mentioned that he asked his Algol
customers if they wanted the option to disable array bounds
checking, and they all said no. I like this solution, and I will
personally never ever turn that safety off.

Diggory asked this same question already. Does all of this also
mean that a function with a ref parameter will automagically work
with r-values? My one and only attempt at a Phobos pull request
thus far will be mostly obsolete if this is the case. (Which is a
good thing.)