Rvalue references - The resolution

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sat May 4 21:06:22 PDT 2013

On Saturday, May 04, 2013 20:12:24 Walter Bright wrote:
> > I'm not sure what you mean by nop rvalue conversions, at least not by
> > name.
>
> I meant exactly what you said: "and not know that it was effectively a
> no-op".

Oh, okay. LOL. I was thinking you meant something lower level like than that,
and it didn't click. Yeah, distinguishing between functions that are meant to
mutate their arguments and those that just want to pass them efficiently is the
core issue with naked ref accepting rvalues, and we didn't come to an
agreement on that.

- Jonathan M Davis