The liabilities of binding rvalues to ref

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Sat May 4 22:15:38 PDT 2013

On 5/4/13 10:33 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
> Please explain your understanding of what we agreed on.

Just the factual events. We all said repeatedly in the beginning of the
discussion that "we focus only on the safety aspect for now and then
figure the rvalue references thing". I've heard you say it at least two
times clear as day. We can't now construe a solution to the safety
matter into a solution to binding rvalues to ref.

I'll post separately about the issues involved with binding rvalues to
references, but I'm retorting to this rather strongly because we must be
clear, before getting into any level of detail, that we are not done
with rvalues and ref.

Thanks,

Andrei