Rvalue references - The resolution

Tove tove at fransson.se
Sun May 5 01:27:22 PDT 2013

On Sunday, 5 May 2013 at 07:22:06 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> Now, I argued that pure's primary benefit isn't really in
> optimizations but
> rather in the fact that it guarantees that your code isn't
> accessing global
> state, but there's still the general concern that there's a lot
> of new
> attributes to worry about, whether you choose to use them or
> not. I don't
> think that it was a deal-breaker for Don or anything like that,
> but it was one
> of his concerns and one more item on the list of things that
> makes it more
> costly for them to move to D2, even if it alone doesn't
> necessarily add a huge
> cost.
>
> - Jonathan M Davis

Assuming:
1. functioning attribute inference
2. attributes are expanded in the *.di file

Then, it would be trivial to create a tool which, upon request,
merges "a defined set of attributes" back to the original d
source file, this would reduce some of the burden and with full
IDE integration even more so.