Migrating D front end to D - post Dconf

David Nadlinger see at klickverbot.at
Sun May 5 07:28:55 PDT 2013

On Sunday, 5 May 2013 at 13:33:25 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
> 13. LDC makes some more arbitrary changes to which the reason
> for the change has been forgotten. Get on it David!  :o)

This applies only to a small part of the changes. The larger
share of them will actually need adaption of the upstream
frontend sources for a very good reason if we want to have a
truly shared codebase.

As for the size of the diff, don't forget that LDC doesn't enjoy
the luxury of having IN_LLVM sections in the upstream source –
the difference in amount of changes actually isn't that large:

---
$ fgrep -rI IN_GCC dmd/src | wc -l
49

$ fgrep -rI IN_LLVM ldc/dmd2 | wc -l