Migrating D front end to D - post Dconf

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at ubuntu.com
Sun May 5 07:40:05 PDT 2013

On May 5, 2013 3:30 PM, "David Nadlinger" <see at klickverbot.at> wrote:

> On Sunday, 5 May 2013 at 13:33:25 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
>>
>> 13. LDC makes some more arbitrary changes to which the reason for the
change has been forgotten. Get on it David!  :o)

> This applies only to a small part of the changes. The larger share of
them will actually need adaption of the upstream frontend sources for a
very good reason if we want to have a truly shared codebase.

> As for the size of the diff, don't forget that LDC doesn't enjoy the
luxury of having IN_LLVM sections in the upstream source – the difference
in amount of changes actually isn't that large:

> ---
> $ fgrep -rI IN_GCC dmd/src | wc -l
> 49
>
> $ fgrep -rI IN_LLVM ldc/dmd2 | wc -l
> 57
> ---
>
> David

Indeed, but I was thinking of changes that aren't ifdef 'd.  I'm sure I saw
a few...

Regards
--
Iain Buclaw