Migrating D front end to D - post Dconf

"Luís "Luís
Sun May 5 09:17:24 PDT 2013

On Sunday, 5 May 2013 at 13:33:25 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
> 1. Support extern(C++) classes so can have a split C++/D
> implementation of eg: Expression and others.

I don't know if this will be in the videos, so I'll ask here. I
thought extern(C++) only supported interfaces because everything
else fell into the "we'd need to pretty much include a C++
compiler into D to support that" camp. Is that not quite true for
classes? Did you find some compromise between usefulness and
complexity that wasn't obvious before, or did the D compiler
transition just motivate adding some additional complexity that
previously wasn't deemed acceptable?