About typequalifier and generic containers.

deadalnix deadalnix at gmail.com
Sun May 5 09:32:36 PDT 2013

Once again a post DConf topic.

T[] implicitely cast to cont(T)[] . Isn't it nice ? Yes but,
Foo!T do not with Foo!const(T), and for good reasons.

This make it very cumbersome to write collections in D in general
and make them fully usable with the const system.

It has been raised several time by Steven and several others, I'm
hitting the same problem as well.

Many people raised the need for better collection lib and I have
to say I do agree. This and the allocator design are the 2 major
pain point that need to be removed to get a high quality
collection library.