dtutor.org: a call to action

Kirill bribeme at gmail.com
Sun May 5 15:03:16 PDT 2013

Numerical simulations content suggestion.

Depending on time, I would like to do it at some point but just
in case, i'll leave it here. I think people from scientific
community would agree. I'm also for problem specific approach
that can be deconstructed into tools rather than giving people
tools. basically, a high school student should be able to figure
out everything from starting an editor to getting an eps of
gnuplot.

1. sample uses on clusters mpi or new hpx. monte-carlo
calculation of an area of a circle.

2. numerical recipies covers a lot of common problems in science.
it would be a nice guide on what to include. (giving reference to
the book of course). it should also be used to show a correct
style of programming.

3. wolfram mathematica, matlab and sage already did a good job of
finding and documenting showcases of popular numerical
computations.

web interface:

it would be nice to see the same tutorial for different paradigms
of programming -- click a button for functional or for object
oriented and so on. figuring out paradigms was the hardest part
for me in learning c++.