Low-Lock Singletons In D

dsimcha dsimcha at yahoo.com
Sun May 5 19:35:27 PDT 2013

On the advice of Walter and Andrei, I've written a blog article
about the low-lock Singleton pattern in D.  This is a previously
obscure pattern that uses thread-local storage to make Singletons
both thread-safe and efficient and was independently invented by
at least me and Alexander Terekhov, an IBM researcher.  However,
D's first-class treatment of thread-local storage means the time
has come to move it out of obscurity and possibly make it the
standard way to do Singletons.

Article:
http://davesdprogramming.wordpress.com/2013/05/06/low-lock-singletons/

Reddit: