Rvalue references - The resolution

Zach the Mystic reachzach at gggggmail.com
Sun May 5 23:30:47 PDT 2013

On Sunday, 5 May 2013 at 02:36:45 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> As it is, we arguably didn't choose the best defaults with the
> attributes that
> we have (e.g. @system is the default instead of @safe, and
> impure is the
> default instead of pure). The result is that we have to use a
> lot of
> annotations if we want to properly take advantage of the
> various language
> features, whereas ideally, having to use annotations for stuff
> like @safety or
> purity would be the exception. Don was complaining that one
> reason that moving
> to D2 at Sociomantic looks unappealing in spite of the benefits
> is the fact
> that they're going to have to add so many extra annotations to
> their code.

In the thread which appeared on github someone suggested
'@infer', which I altered to '@auto', which gets all the
attributes automatically, and creates the '.di' with the full
attributes (which might actually be problematic if they change
too often and force compilation too many times). I'm starting to
think it might actually be quite valuable to have this annotation
available to the programmer. What do you think?