Welcome home from dconf

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at ubuntu.com
Mon May 6 14:40:31 PDT 2013

On 6 May 2013 21:32, Adam Wilson <flyboynw at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 05 May 2013 04:32:50 -0700, Iain Buclaw <ibuclaw at gdcproject.org>
> wrote:
>
>  Well,  I'm back home safely and I hope everyone else at dconf had a
>> pleasant journey home.
>>
>> To follow up on a point I made during one of the many discussions and
>> debates at aloft, I think it's great that this has sparked many mini
>> projects in full speed ahead - auto tester integration with gdc/ldc;
>>  migrating D front end to D.   However we don't need a conference to get
>> this sort of burst of activity of going.   And I imagine with some efforts
>> (migrating D front end,  for instance) will require more discussions
>> outside of the ML to keep it moving and iron out issues that can't be
>> resolved through the ML.
>>
>> For this I am available on Skype, and would be willing to show up in any
>> conference calls (monthly, or quarterly) to keep this effort, and others
>> going.
>>
>> Thoughts?
>>

>> Regards
>> Iain.
>>

> This is a fantastic idea, and a year is a long time to wait. I know that
> Google Hangouts is limited to 10 participants with n viewers. And Skype
> supports 25 people in a call before charging. Does anyone know if there is
> a free alternative that supports n attendees?

SIP is a well supported protocol.  There are various open source
servers/clients out there that we can use.

However, I don't think there would be >25 people attending such things.
Infact, things might get ugly if more than 20 people join in on
conversation, unless there is some sort of policing going on. :)

--
Iain Buclaw

*(p < e ? p++ : p) = (c & 0x0f) + '0';