dtutor.org: a call to action

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Mon May 6 22:40:05 PDT 2013

On Mon, 2013-05-06 at 16:44 -0400, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
[…]
> And MySQL:
>  - GitHub Project: https://github.com/rejectedsoftware/mysql-native/
>  - In DUB repo: http://registry.vibed.org/packages/mysql-native

I should check the manual, but is there support for  Postgres and
MariaDB?

> Although I wouldn't know personally, I've heard bad things about
> MongoDB: http://hackingdistributed.com/2013/01/29/mongo-ft/

There is an awful lot of vitriol in there which, for me, undermines the
credibility of the attack as a whole. I have no doubt that the core
facts are right, but the style of the piece, especially the "Not a
TL;DR" lead me to lower my credence in the argument.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk