Welcome home from dconf

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at ubuntu.com
Tue May 7 01:59:27 PDT 2013

On 6 May 2013 23:10, Adam Wilson <flyboynw at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 06 May 2013 14:40:31 -0700, Iain Buclaw <ibuclaw at ubuntu.com>
> wrote:
>
>  On 6 May 2013 21:32, Adam Wilson <flyboynw at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>  On Sun, 05 May 2013 04:32:50 -0700, Iain Buclaw <ibuclaw at gdcproject.org>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>  Well,  I'm back home safely and I hope everyone else at dconf had a

>>> This is a fantastic idea, and a year is a long time to wait. I know that
>>> Google Hangouts is limited to 10 participants with n viewers. And Skype
>>> supports 25 people in a call before charging. Does anyone know if there
>>> is
>>> a free alternative that supports n attendees?
>>>

>>>  SIP is a well supported protocol.  There are various open source
>> servers/clients out there that we can use.
>>
>> However, I don't think there would be >25 people attending such things.
>> Infact, things might get ugly if more than 20 people join in on
>> conversation, unless there is some sort of policing going on. :)
>>

> Well, I was thinking that more than 25 people might interested in joining
> the conference call. I mean we did just get around 85 people for the
> conference. Although I suppose not everyone would have time for a more
> regular meeting, I could see enough potential interest to hit 25. After all
> there are a quite a few of us who are rather interested in moving D
> forward. :-)

Indeed.  I was thinking more of involving people who are intimate with the
various developments in the language.  Eg:  People who are dealing with
rvalues as references may not be the same people who are dealing with
migrating D front end to D, or people dealing with CTFE implementation.
However we should always be inviting to people who want to listen in on the
conversation.  =)

--
Iain Buclaw

*(p < e ? p++ : p) = (c & 0x0f) + '0';