Welcome home from dconf

Dicebot m.strashun at gmail.com
Tue May 7 02:32:14 PDT 2013

On Tuesday, 7 May 2013 at 09:18:01 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
> As a side note, SIP is a signaling protocol. It isn't
> sufficient itself to do this kind of stuff and can also be used
> to do something completely differently. It is only useful to
> connect stream of data.
>
> Nothing in SIP itself make it inadequate here, but the usual
> toolchain that contains SIP is.

Well I am not aware of any actual service that uses anything else
but default SIP+SDP+RTP so it is more of a theory. SIP itself is
very flexible indeed and easily extended with non-standard
extensions if needed but with no actual implementation it is
hardly useful ;)

P.S. SIP itself is not even capable of connecting streams of
data, it encapsulates Session Description Protocol for it. Only
pure exchange of intentions.