LDC and Debian

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Wed May 8 08:04:53 PDT 2013

On 05/08/2013 04:53 PM, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> I can help sponsor GDC uploads if necessary. I may try to build it
> myself, but I'm not sure if I have the time (or patience!) to babysit
> through it (past experiences of building GCC/GDC were not that pleasant,
> sad to say).

Does Debian unstable/experimental now have GCC 4.8 by default?  (I only ever use
its prodigal downstream:-)

The reason I ask is because my successful build strategy used gcc-snapshot, and
the instructions on there are quite specific NEVER to use that as a basis for
building Debian packages.

Could either of you give me a ssh login on an appropriate Debian box with gcc
build dependencies already installed?  Then I could have a go at building GDC
and if successful, we could use this as the basis for a new package.

Of course, I can install Debian Experimental in VirtualBox, but if either of you
have a box already set up that you'd be happy to give me access to it might
speed things up.