D pullrequest review process rant

Timothee Cour thelastmammoth at gmail.com
Wed May 8 10:13:15 PDT 2013

I agree with deadalnix, we need a dfmt tool to autoformat submissions.
Then this problem goes away.
uncrustify has support for D, we just need to write the options file
that everyone agrees upon, or, even better, a custom tool.
We could also automate the formatting part of the review process by
running a linter that checks that code==format(code) and automatically
rejects code that violates this. Saves a lot of time for both writer
and reviewer. These tools are used very effectively in some companies.