D pullrequest review process rant

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Wed May 8 11:08:10 PDT 2013

Personally, I find that good readability sometimes dictates selective
exceptions to a codebase's usual style guidelines. That is, I find
that code formatting rules are best used as general guideline or
rules-of-thumb, rather than strict hard and fast rules. Automated
formatting enforcement would get in the way of that.

That said, I certainly understand the need for and benefits of
minimizing manual overhead in the whole submissions process. So I'm not
going to say that I'm opposed to the idea, merely putting out my $0.02
FWIW.