D pullrequest review process rant

Sean Kelly sean at invisibleduck.org
Thu May 9 10:02:28 PDT 2013

On Thursday, 9 May 2013 at 10:19:16 UTC, Joseph Rushton Wakeling
wrote:

> Don't know quite why, but I wound up quite liking the rule that
> Linus Torvalds
> suggested, which I think comes from K&R -- separate-line { for
> the opening of a
> function, same-line { for if(), while() statements and so on.

Here's a breakdown of some of the more popular formatting styles:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indent_style.  I think D tends
towards Allman style (which I think the astyle formatter calls
BSD style).  My code is formatted a bit differently in terms of
spacing around parens but I'd be happy to have it changed--I use
Allman style these days too.