D pullrequest review process rant

w0rp devw0rp at gmail.com
Thu May 9 10:28:21 PDT 2013

On Thursday, 9 May 2013 at 17:02:29 UTC, Sean Kelly wrote:
> Here's a breakdown of some of the more popular formatting
> styles: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indent_style.  I think D
> tends towards Allman style (which I think the astyle formatter
> calls BSD style).  My code is formatted a bit differently in
> terms of spacing around parens but I'd be happy to have it
> changed--I use Allman style these days too.

That's one property of Python's syntax that I like. You never
argue about brace style because there are no braces.

Regarding the OP's post, I think this process isn't exclusive to
just D's pull requests. I once worked in a web development
position and experienced the same basic process of nitpicking. It
tended to happen less after I figured out how to adopt their
style. You eventually learn to tailor your code to the people
you're presenting it to.