Åkerön: Demographics poll

Simen Kjaeraas simen.kjaras at gmail.com
Fri May 10 00:53:07 PDT 2013

On Fri, 10 May 2013 01:30:25 +0200, Tyro[17] <nospam at home.com> wrote:

> In preparation for DConf 2014, I would like to ascertain where the
> community sits today in size, dispersion and interests. Please do not
> discuss this topic here in the newsgroup. Submit responses to the email
> address below instead.
>
> Years Programming:

17.

> What programming language(s) do you use and how long?

Professionaly: C++, C#.

Hobby: D, C#, C++, Common Lisp, JavaScript.

> Area of Interest?

Uhm... programming? I guess algorithms in general, simulation perhaps.

> Location (State/Country)?

Norway.

> Student/Employed/Unemployed/Retired?

Employed.

> Using D Professionally? How long?

Nope. Did on my last job, for about two months.

> How did you learn about D?

Happened way back in 2006, I think. Can't remember how. Been an avid
user and follower ever since.

> List (in decreasing order of importance) five features you like most
> about D:

Templates
CTFE
GC
OpDispatch
alias this

> List (in decreasing order of importance) five features you dislike most
> about D:

Blasphemy! :p

Impure-by-default
System-by-default
Lack of unique storage class
Can't think of anything for #4 and #5

If you also allow features that I feel are missing:

Unicode operator overloading
Restrictions based on UDAs (nothrow, pure, nogc, safe, trusted and system
   implemented in Druntime instead of the compiler? Yes please)

--
Simen