DConf 2013 keynote

Dmitry Olshansky dmitry.olsh at gmail.com
Fri May 10 05:35:06 PDT 2013

10-May-2013 01:32, Nick Sabalausky пишет:
> On Thu, 09 May 2013 10:26:46 -0400
> Andrei Alexandrescu <SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org> wrote:
>
>> On 5/9/13 10:26 AM, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>>> With all this focus on technicalities, we forgot to discuss the
>>> gist of it: what did you guys think of the talk?
>>>

>> That should better go in the digitalmars.D group though...
>>

> Very good talk! And good production quality, too. This would be a
> great thing to point people towards to introduce them to D.

Indeed and I can actually hear questions :)
BTW these were quite interesting in their own right like "if there is a
way to cleanly manipulate carry bit within the language".

> And Walter does a good job on stage. *Never* comes across as
> pretentious, or cocky or full-of-...various things...like *cough*a
> certain former Apple leader*cough* always did. (Minor nit: Forgot to
> mention Mono-D on the last question, though.)

I loved the warm informal atmosphere here, too bad I've been stuck with
visa approval at the last moment. The idea to smuggle myself in some
crate of rice doesn't seem half-bad now ;)

--
Dmitry Olshansky