DConf 2013 keynote

sk abcdefg at gmail.com
Fri May 10 12:55:57 PDT 2013

> In any case, I totally agree that if a language *needs* an IDE
> in order to cope with the amount of required boilerplate, then
> something is clearly very, very wrong at a fundamental level.

May be this is true for expert or professional programmers. But
for people like me who only use D occasionally an IDE is a must.

IDE mainly helps me in reducing the amount of things I need to
memorize or remember like API, building tool names, command
syntaxes, etc. This is very important as my main profession is
not programming.

I think lack of IDEs will prevent many beginners from trying out
a new language. Especially after getting spoiled with IDEs like
netbeans, visual studio etc.

Currently using DIDE, not perfect but better than nothing.
VisualD seems to have good reviews but I cannot install it as it
requires admin privileges.

All the above will still be true even for a "perfect" programming
language.