DConf 2013 keynote

skeptical joeschmo at news.net
Sat May 11 00:44:04 PDT 2013

In article <kmjqp6$fdf$1 at digitalmars.com>, newshound2 at digitalmars.com says...

> On 5/10/2013 2:31 PM, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> > Note how much boilerplate is necessary to make the code work
> > *correctly*.
>
> It's worse than that. Experience shows that this rat's nest style of code often
> is incorrect because it is both complex and never tested. While D doesn't make
> it more testable, at least it makes it simple, and hence more likely to be correct.

I quip shit like that in other NGs too. The thing is, I haven't given up: I
don't try to pickup the immature with expressions like "experience shows.. blah,
blah". You seem to have either conceded, confessed, or given up. I'm "a
management consultant", that is necessarily to say that if I blurt out stuff
that I refuse to give to those who would want to pay me for that, and I know
they will use it to their advantage against others when they don't have any
right to others' ... well, who does? Who has RIGHT to anyone else's labors,
efforts, time, knowledge...?

________

You have the lingo now? I mean, "D solves rat's nest style of complex code"...
thank god you were fired as an apprentice to being an airplane engineer!