Migrating D front end to D - post Dconf

David Nadlinger see at klickverbot.at
Sat May 11 10:30:14 PDT 2013

On Saturday, 11 May 2013 at 17:23:53 UTC, Daniel Murphy wrote:
> That... doesn't sound very nice to me.  How much of phobos are
> we
> realistically going to need?

All of it? Well, not quite, but large parts at least.

If we are going to stick to the C subset of the language, there
is little point in translating it to D in the first place.

Of course, there will be some restrictions arising from the fact
that the code base needs to work with D versions from a year back
or so. But to me duplicating the whole standard library inside
the compiler source seems like maintenance hell.

David