DConf 2013 keynote

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Sat May 11 20:57:59 PDT 2013

On Fri, 10 May 2013 21:45:06 -0700
"H. S. Teoh" <hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx> wrote:

> Yes, which is why I love D so much. All I need is a text editor and
> the compiler, and I can do everything. Even unittesting and coverage
> are all integrated. No need for external tools, no need to install a
> whole bunch of support software, all the essentials are bundled with
> the compiler. How much more compelling can it get?

The nicest thing of all, IMO, about not strictly needing all that
support software is that basic things like
editing/navigating/opening/closing code is always and forever 100%
unobstructed by things like startup delays and keyboard input lag which
have no business existing on the rocket-engined supercomputers we now
call "a PC".