What is a "pull request"?

Dicebot m.strashun at gmail.com
Sun May 12 02:22:44 PDT 2013

On Sunday, 12 May 2013 at 09:10:35 UTC, Maxim Fomin wrote:
> Author of the thread is not interested in getting right answer.
>
> I do not know why, but in usenet groups there is this kind of
> trolling (asking naive questions to troll those who answer). I
> met it for the first time in comp.lang.c where it was used to
> assault frequent contributors. Luckily digitalmars-d is not
> that littered by trolls, spam and porn as comp.lang.c
>
> Interesting issue here is whether there would be some kind of
> ex post moderation.

It is not unique to usenet, even contrary, kind of example of
contemporary internet "culture". D newsgroup did not have this
issue that much only because it is not wide-known, any popular
internet community that does not have any form of moderation get
overrun by trolls damn fast. (Though I remember few similar cases
before, it took crazy amount of time until posts were actually
deleted and author banned)

What surprises me is that someone replies to this posts and even
tries to answer the "questions". It is like some of you guys have
never met a troll before. X_x