rename our github organization?

Matt Soucy msoucy at csh.rit.edu
Sun May 12 09:56:45 PDT 2013

On 05/12/2013 11:14 AM, Peter Alexander wrote:
> On Sunday, 12 May 2013 at 15:08:22 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>> I'm thinking we should rename D-programming-language on github with
>> dlang. While we're at it, project d-programming-language.org should be
>> renamed dlang.org.
>>
>> This may cause disruption. Thoughts?
>>
>> Andrei
>
> I always thought D-programming-language was a bit wordy.
>
> What kind of disruption are we talking about here though? Is this just
> an aesthetic change, or does it affect the git repro URLs? Having
> everyone update their remote URLs may be quite drastic (especially as
> many people may not follow the forums, and we have no way to announce
> this).

It would affect the repo urls as well. Which means that yes, all
references would need to be updated. Everywhere. So, as much as I think
it's a good idea, I feel that if it happens, it needs to be announced
well in advance to give people time to prepare.

Though, the point is a bit moot as someone already has the dlang name...
--
Matt Soucy