rename our github organization?

Aleksandar Ruzicic krckoorascic at gmail.com
Tue May 14 14:15:10 PDT 2013

On Sunday, 12 May 2013 at 18:50:59 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 5/12/2013 11:15 AM, Brad Anderson wrote:
>> On Sunday, 12 May 2013 at 18:11:28 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
>>> It'll also cause disruption in that google won't find it when
>>> searching for "d
>>> programming".
>>
>> There should really be a README in the root of the repo so
>> that GitHub displays
>> some information about the project.  That would solve the "d
>> programming" issue
>> and make it more discoverable in general.
>
> Not really. Having "d programming" in the URL gives it a much
> higher ranking.

Not really. It used to be so, but (not so recently) Google
changed that and in my experience (I do all-things-web for
living, and I'was also doing SEO when it was new and trendy)
good, semantic content gives much stronger ranking than domain
name / URL.

So, README with "d programming" in root of each repo (and repo
description) will be at least as good as having "d programming"
as a part of URL.

Also, adding schema.org microdata to dlang.org would make the
site more discoverable and results would me more presentable.

If there is an interest in pursuing this goal I would be glad to
help with restructuring and even rewriting complete HTML/CSS of
dlang.org.

I know that this would not be an easy thing to accomplish but I'm
willing to try and I would of course appreciate any help I could
get. Especially because I have bad track record of finishing
things on which I work alone :)